In the interests of adding a few numbers to the sum total of knowledge about blogs and metrics I’ll be sharing the numbers behind the online publishing phenomena that is Burning Head.
Over the past couple of years I’ve been planning and launching social activity for clients and in the process developed a measurement framework for that activity.
This has come about by looking at what clients are aiming to achieve with their activity and what we are able to measure in terms of demonstrating that those objectives have been achieved.
The framework captures
- Coverage: How many times the activity is seen
- Engagement: What does the audience do with the activity
- Action: What business or marketing objective is achieved
- Sentiment: Did the audience like / not like what they saw (simplistically)
So in the interests of eating my own dogfood I’ll be applying the framework to the metrics of Burning Head and using the following tools;
- Coverage: Views: Google Analytics
- Engagement: Subscriptions and clicks on links: Feedburner & Bitly
- Action: Inbound links and authority (influence): Google inbound links (0) & Technorati
- Sentiment: Positive comments: Possibly Comentful, I’ll do some research and let you know.
To add my smidgen to the sum body of knowledge about social metrics I’ll be letting anyone who is interested know about the blog’s results, which I’ll endeavor to report once a month.